FABLAB Manorhamilton will provide primary school children tailored workshops introducing the concept of digital fabrication and how this innovative technology is used in everyday life.
Hands-on workshops will introduce the students to the technologies and they will have an opportunity to be involved in the design, prototyping and creation of fun products and inventions.
Here are some of the key activities that will take place on these workshops –
- Introduction of fun and easy to use robotic technology and 3D modelling tools.
- Investigation of key themes in the SESE curriculum using the advanced Fab Lab technology.
- Exploration of how everyday objects are currently made and how products will be developed in the future.
- Develop creativity and imagination by designing models from their own ideas.
- Develop creative problem solving and iterative thought processes by completing design ‘challenges’.